It’s cool to be green. Whether you recycle your plastic bottles, reuse grocery bags or bring your own, conserve energy by unplugging electronics not being used during the day, or compost your trash, it can help improve the environment and save you money at the same time.
We can all make changes in our everyday life to make our planet a healthier one. Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes are making small yet impactful improvements to our restaurants to help the environment:
- We’re installing Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) in our restaurants.
- We are using 100% recycled towel, tissue, and napkin products.
- Our take-out containers are recyclable. We use no Styrofoam.
- We’re replacing hot water systems with new, tank-less hot water heaters.
Every year, we estimate that with these changes we can save:
- 2,129,400 pounds of waste paper
- 3,194.10 cubic yards of landfill space
- 7,452,900 gallons of water
- 4,365,270 kilowatts of energy
You can also help the environment and save some money by making these easy changes to your home and habits:
- Set up a recycle bin next to the trash and teach your children to place plastic bottles and cans in it.
- Use reusable BPA-free bottles for your water and other drinks instead of bottled water.
- Purchase eco-friendly cleaning products, which are sometimes less expensive than regular cleaners. Almost every brand is offering an eco-friendly version in major stores.
- Replace light bulbs with LED lights to save money and help the environment.
- Unplug unused electronics during the day. Your wallet and the environment will thank you.
We’ll keep you posted on our endeavors to make our restaurants greener for you, your family and the planet. And, please feel free to give us your tips and ideas. We’d love to share them with everyone here and our readers.