Join Club Veg
Get $75 in savings this year!
Facebook Twitter Our Blog
Post image for SOUPLANTATION/ SWEET TOMATOES LOCATION REQUESTS

SOUPLANTATION/ SWEET TOMATOES LOCATION REQUESTS

by Tracy M. on Tuesday, October 5, 2010 · 327 comments

in Company News,Fun Stuff

Our company receives location requests for Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes restaurants on a daily basis. I am not sure how many other restaurant companies receive on a daily basis, but I feel our location requests grow more and more everyday!

It is amazing to see how specific these location requests get.

Some of the requests we receive are so specific, that requests include exact cross streets i.e. ‘Sweet Tomatoes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to the corner of A St and 19th Ave. in ____ (fill in city). We promise we will eat there once a week! Your business will be booming!!!

Other requests will mention a recent closure of other businesses that a Souplantation or Sweet Tomatoes would be a perfect fit. i.e. ‘Guess what, ____________(fill in business that closed) went out of business and now we can enjoy your salad bar everyday if you come to our city.’

Then we get the pleading. i.e. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, COME TO OHIO……AKRON/CANTON AREA. WE LOVE SWEET TOMATOES, WHEN IN ONE OF YOUR AREAS.

We get phone calls and emails every day asking for a new location. Some guests request a location because they had Souplantation or Sweet Tomatoes on vacation and enjoyed it, others may ask for a location because they used to live near a Souplantation/ Sweet Tomatoes location but have moved to a state where there are no locations, for whatever reason it is, we are happy to see the requests!

The location requests range from growing in a city we are already located in, expanding to a new state we are not currently in (most popular requests are Indiana and Tennessee) but we have also had international requests such as the UK, Australia and most recently, South Korea. Sadly, we will not be expanding internationally until we make a larger mark in the U.S.

We have had so many requests lately that I wanted to write about the next few that are opening to cure some curiosity out there:

Boynton Beach, FL                                                                November 2010

Escondido, CA                                                                         December 2010

Howard Hughes (Los Angeles), CA                                 December 2010

Port Richey, FL                                                                       January 2011

Keep checking back for more grand openings and please keep sending in those requests. We do read each one and share it with our Real Estate Development Department.

Tweet This

{ 327 comments… read them below or add one }

Sylvia Frank Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 6:06 am

PLEASE, PLEASE COME TO EITHER SOMEPLACE IN QUEENS, NEW YORK OR EVEN NASSAU COUNTY IN LONG ISLAND. I LOVE SWEET TOMATO AND HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I GET TO FLORIDA FOR THE WINTER BEFORE I CAN ENJOY EATING AT SWEET TOMATO.

Diane Lawrence Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 6:55 am

When is the Boynton Beach location opeming up and where is it? What is the address? I love Sweet Tomatoes and can’t wait.

Tracy M. Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 11:28 am

Boynton Beach Sweet Tomatoes is opening in November 2010. Only a few short weeks away. Are you a member of Club Veg? Do you receive emails? If so, you will be getting email updates on the upcoming grand opening. You can always check back to the blog and we will announce the official date within the next week!

Lynn Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 7:12 am

PLEASE come to Long Island New york! I’m getting tired of traveling to FL to get my fix!!!

Terry Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 7:28 am

Please, please, please …We want you in Edison/Metuchen area in New Jersey!
We spend time in Florida and AZ and eat there every week at least once. We meet friends and have groups there often. Please come to NJ!

Eileen Friday, October 8, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Do you have any plans of expanding in the Kansas City area, specifically north of the Missouri River? We have to travel 35 miles to eat at Sweet Tomatoes, and we do this gladly, but we’d visit you weekly if you were just a bit closer to home.

Will Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 8:05 am

Please come to the San Luis Obispo (SLO), CA area. This county probably grows the vegetables that you need for the restaurants anyway. AND we’re on the coast of California between LA and SF, right between where your trucks would move food or supplies between Sweet Tomatoes in the north and Soup Plantation in the south. San Luis Obispo, CA is your next logical step for a restaurant, BUT maybe not in the city of SLO perhaps in Paso Robles, CA where the Amgen Tour de California stops along the way southward. The tour runs through California, but needs to stop in either Central Valley city like Fresno or Bakersfield or Paso Robles or San Luis Obispo. There are lots of space to choose from especially at this time when the real estate market is low—excellent time for expansion, need I remind y’all?

Pam Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Please,Please,Please come to Knoxville Tn. Turkey Creek would be the perfect place! I’m from Rockwood which is a small town and I would really like to see you come here. Please consider us!

cher Monday, October 11, 2010 at 10:59 am

Ok here’s my request: Missoula MT. You’ve not gotten into anywhere in Montana yet; Missoula would be a perfect start :)

bitsy guinn Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 4:28 pm

montana only eats MEAT

lynn Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm

we could really use a sweet tomatoes in zephyrhills fl, or wesley chapel , fl.

Scott Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:11 pm

I agree, Wesley Chapel, Fl restaurants do well, and it’s far enough away from their other locations to not hurt them.

Karen Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I totally agree> I get tired of driving all the way into Tampa or Brandon to go eat. We would eat there so much more if we had a Sweet Tomatoes in Wesley Chapel. I would rather do ST than Moe’s or something at Wiregrass Mall but Moe’s is 5 mins from my house, a whole lot closer than Sweet Tomatoes so it wins 99% of the time most weeknights.

Nancy Lucuk Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 7:12 am

We love Sweet Tomatoes! Right now we have to travel to Sarasota, Bradenton, or Ft. Myers, Florida for our bi-monthly fix. We would love to see a Sweet Tomatoes in our hometown of NORTH PORT, FLORIDA!!!!!! Then we would be able to come and enjoy your great food on a weekly basis!!!!! We are located on US 41 between Port Charlotte, FL and Venice, FL. It would be an ideal location for you on the US 41 corridor. You would be guarenteed a booming business. You should definitely come out and take a look at what we have to offer. We are a growing city with a population that surpasses that of Sarasota, FL.
Please seriously consider building a Sweet Tomatoes in NORTH PORT, FLORIDA!!!!!!
Thank you.

Scott Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I just heard there’s another Applebee’s opening in the Port Charlotte, Fl area. That makes 3 Applebees between Port Charlotte & Nort Port. I think there is definitely business for a Sweet Tomatoes there!

Patty Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 8:01 am

Fort Wayne, IN was voted the FATEST city. We need you!!!!!

Jeannette McIntosh Friday, October 15, 2010 at 4:47 am

We heard that you were coming to Lady Lake, FL, at The Villages, the HUGE retirement community that encompasses three counties. However, I do not see it as one of your listed stores. Please tell me if it is true or not. I am sooo excited by the possibility that you are coming here; I do not want to continue to anticipate it, if it’s not true. And, if it’s not true, you should seriously consider opening at this location. The open mall which also contains Kohl’s, Target, Best Buy, and Bed Bath and Beyond, would be a great setting for you guys. Please do come here!!

Tracy M. Friday, October 15, 2010 at 10:17 am

It is true, we are coming to the Villages, we will be opening in 2011. Please keep checking back to our blog for opening dates.

Jeannette McIntosh Friday, October 15, 2010 at 10:35 am

Yeaahhhhh!!!! Thank you very much!

joyce Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Jeannette,

Are you Jeannette from Brooklyn…if so, i am Joyce Lippman …wanted to re-connect with you.

Best,

Joyce

Monica Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Fantastic!!! My family can’t wait. We can cut out those 2 hour drives just to eat in Tampa or Orlando.

Amy Morimando Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 11:36 am

So happy to hear that Sweet Tomatoes Is coming to the Villages in Florida! We will be there weekly from Ocala, Florida!!! We love Sweet Tomatoes, can’t wait to have one close by!

Rich Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 9:49 am

The Villages, Florida is ready for Sweet Tomatoes. Thank you for coming in 2011.

frances Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 8:30 am

Hooray, hooray!!! You are coming to the Villages–but where on 27/441? It’s a long, long road, but no matter I know I will be a regular diner.

Tracy M. Monday, March 28, 2011 at 8:11 am

The Lady Lake Sweet Tomatoes address is 508 US 27/441. We open on April 4. See you then!!

melodee Friday, October 15, 2010 at 6:17 am

North Suburbs of Indianapolis – Carmel, Westfield

luv_bird Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 10:36 am

PLZ,PLZ,PLZPLZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
come and open a restaurant right in TN,
Cordova,Memphis,TN
on germantown pkwy
next to the movie theatre
where the schucks just colsed down PLZ
ill try to come there every weekend
when i lived in Kansas I went there every week PLZ come here!!

jason pyatt Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I second this nomination. I am sitting in a sweet tomatoes in lake buena vista, fl and I am totally enjoying it. The shopping center above stilll has space available. Also look nearby next to Incredible Pizza. Anywhere in the Memphis metro would please me. Memphis does not have anything like this and with a million people in the metro starved for nonBBQ you shouldn’t miss out!

JeJohnson Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:27 am

I vote for Memphis too. We need a souplantation here BAD. I moved from San Diego where there were a bunch, which I frequented monthly. Then I went to Pensacola, FL where there was 0 and now Memphis, so I’m hurtin’ over here. Plus, Jason is right, 1,000 BBQ joints and 0 salad joints? You guys would do awesome down here.

Taruna Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 5:31 am

Please please please come to NJ. I keep checking google to see if it shows you in NJ yet or no. I have moved from CA where I was a regular there…atleast once a week and I miss it so much here…..Nothing beats u guys….Please come to NJ and soooooon!!!!!

Betty Young Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Please open one in Knoxville TN in the Halls area. We always visit the Florida locations while on vacations. Thanks so much.

Tracy M. Monday, October 18, 2010 at 8:49 am

No plans for TN yet but we will add it to our list for potential sites.

Jenny Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Please Please come to Tennessee – Hendersonville area – We are growing very fast and new stores are opening all the time. I use to live in Orlando and ate at Sweet Tomatoes at least once a week. We have nothing like it in the Nashville area!!

Scott Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Put a vote in for Melbourne, Florida and Waterford Lakes/East Orlando area, you guys will do quite well!

Cay Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 4:17 am

We would love to have a Sweet Tomatoes in Wisconsin. Anywhere!!!!!!!

Nancy Miller Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 10:36 pm

One in Blacksburg, VA (Virginia Tech) would probably do very well! Hokie Bird looks like he needs a good place for salads and soup!

Amber Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 12:34 pm

We would love one in North Port Florida. We have to go to Sarasota to get our fix. lol. Its about a half hour drive. Heading there shortly but would go more often if we had one closer. :)

Debby Monday, October 25, 2010 at 7:54 am

Hi, we NEED a Sweet Tomatoes in OVIEDO, FL.. neare UCF.. Mitchell Hammock and Alafaya would be great!!! = )

melissa Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 10:27 am

We would LOVE to have you come into Milwaukee, especially near Marquette University. Our university was recently rated one of the most vegetarian-friendly friendly places, but the salad bars here are, well, weak compared to yours. Please, please, please consider moving into Wisconsin!!!

Robin Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 4:10 pm

San Antonio would be a great city to come to next, since it is close to Houston. Also, San Antonio is a great tourist city, so you would have lots of exposure to introduce Sweet Tomatoes to a lot of people. I hope you consider it! Please, Please, Please! LOL!

heidi Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 1:23 pm

you need to come to corvallis/ albany oregon area.. college kids (ducks and beavers ) love buffets and it would pull people from the salem area and pull people north from eugene area… and you know about eugene people. just say vegetable and they will come.

paul j. Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 3:04 pm

when is the boynton bch.fl location going to open? I can’t wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy M. Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Boynton Beach is scheduled to open on Monday, November 8 at 11 am. Check back to the blog next week for pre-opening activities!! Are you a Club Veg member? Be sure to join so you get the updates on our newest location in Boynton Beach

Beka Friday, October 29, 2010 at 7:47 pm

I haven’t had Sweet Tomatoes since I moved to Ohio in 2004. Please open one in Dayton or somewhere near :)

CJ Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Huntsville AL would be a great place for Sweet Tomatoes! We have lots of development going on, and LOTS of people who enjoy good food! :-) We enjoy the Lake Buena Vista restaurant whenever we visit WDW, but would LOVE to visit regularly at home.

Sharon Walker Monday, November 1, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Please come to Pennsylvania. I used to live in NC and got spoiled by Sweet Tomatoes there….

kelly Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 8:59 am

please add a location in wesley chapel, fl….

Marcy Gold Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 6:13 am

All I know is that it’s one of our all-time favorite restaurants. The idea we have is to have Sweet Tomatoes EVERYWHERE like McDonald’s so that wherever we go in the country, we can eat healthy. They should be at every travel rest stop so that instead of eating junk food, we have a salad bar with fresh wholesome food. How about it Sweets? We love you ♥

Brooke Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 9:11 am

I was going to beg for one in St. Petersburg, Florida. But now I feel like a brat.

There are Sweet Tomatoes in all the towns surrounding me and seeing how poor folks up north only get to enjoy this amazing restaurant when the are on vacation…. I should be ashamed!

It is only a 30 minute drive for us, but your restaurants are usually packed when we go. Surely the heart of St. Petersburg would do you good!

Evelyn Nutting Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I am always checking to see if you plan on opening a Sweet Tomatoes here in Pensacola,Florida. We travel 4-6 times a year to Largo Florida just to get to eat in a Sweet Tomatoes. (Our daughter thinks we come to see her..lol)……… Please, Please come to our town.

Laura Clarkson Friday, November 5, 2010 at 7:36 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE come to Charlotte, NC. We have been patiently waiting!

Annette Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 9:41 am

A Sweet Tomatoes restaurant would be great in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. People in Louisiana love buffets & this would be a great market (state capital, 2 major universities).

Tim Koriath Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Please come to milwaukee.

A J Rabinowitz Monday, November 8, 2010 at 11:47 am

Nice to see that you are opening locations in California. The Escondido location is a great “fill-in” store location between where you are located at in Corporate and your current store location in Rancho Bernardo, and the stoe location to the north in Temecula.

Also, the Howard Hughes location should do vey well, and take some pressure off of the Marina Del Rey and Westwood locations.

Another poster mentioned the SLO-San Luis Obsipo area. If you are looking to expand along the coast, I would also add in Ventura and Santa Barbara-Goleta as well. In this down commercial real estate market, there are so many fantastic leasing opportunities, but only so much capital to spend…it’s a hard decision sometimes.

At least Garden Fresh is expanding while so many other restaurant chains are contracting, closing locations or simply going out of business.

Orlando Acevedo Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 10:59 am

Do you have a site criteria sheet we can review? Do you have a contact in your Real Estate Department where we can send potential sites? We similarly continually receive inquiries from our residents asking when the City will attract a Souplantation to our community. Thank you!

robert billing Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Please come to central Ohio!

rosalind dodds Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 3:59 pm

yes ,yes come to COLUMBUS OHIO

Terry Lange Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I have said it numerous times, you really need to consider the Minneapolis, MN area. We have one restaurant that is similar to yours, but they are nothing compared to the Sweet Tomatoes/Souplantation restaurants. I would guarantee that if you built a location here, that you would not have any trouble with profits.

Amy Summers Friday, November 19, 2010 at 11:03 am

I find it comical that your own post mentions that IN & TN are the most requested states, yet you follow up with a listing of your new restaurants…all in CA & FL!!! Bloomington IN is the home of IU & the perfect location!

Robin Saturday, November 20, 2010 at 4:23 am

Have you considered Montrose, La Canada or La Crescenta, California? We need healthy restaurants that are family friendly. There are so many fast food places and so little good healthy choices for families around here.
Your business would boom here!

Sherry Sunday, November 21, 2010 at 7:37 am

Fayetteville, NC would be a great location. Many of the chains that locate here are the best performers for their entire companies. Starbucks, Burger King, Chick-fil-a.,etc. With the base realignment the economy here is booming.

Denise Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 11:15 am

How about Toledo, Ohio?? We have NO HEALTHY restaurants here!!
I have to go to Ft Myers, FL to go to Sweet Tomatoes. When I get there, I go 5 times in
a week because I love it so much!

Stephanie Saturday, December 4, 2010 at 6:23 am

Yes, Fayetteville, NC would be a great place for a new Sweet Tomatoes!! Ask
Panera how they are doing since they opened up!

Stephanie Friday, December 17, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Please come to Lafayette, Louisiana. That city is starting to really grow and I think Sweet Tomatoes would do really well there.

Stephanie Monday, June 6, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Please, please, please! All anyone does here is eat! The place would always be packed.

Elizabeth Stewart Monday, December 20, 2010 at 6:38 pm

When will your location in Port Richey, Fl. open? I have been waiting many years. We eat in the Tampa store and also the one in Clearwater when we have an occasion to go there but we will go often when Port Richey opens. Thanks

Tracy M. Tuesday, December 21, 2010 at 8:10 am

Elizabeth,
The Port Richey Sweet Tomatoes is scheduled to open in March 2011. Be sure to keep checking back on our blog or check your latest Club Veg emails for updates on the grand opening events.

Lindsay Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 10:35 am

Any chance of coming to New England. Would LOVE one in Rhode Island but even CT or MA would do! Originally from California and this is the one thing I miss most!

julie Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Frisco TX please??? We have seen a population increase of 203% since 2000. Lots of traffic 103, 000 people & growing!

Lexie Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Please come to Frisco, Texas!!! We drive all
the way into downtown Dallas to get Sweet Tomatoes!
Its our favorite restaurant and we just know it
would be so successful in our area because all
of our friends and family love it as much as we do!!
Sweet Tomatoes, please come to Frisco!!!

Harris, M. Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 8:02 pm

I am a Club Veg member who now has to travel from Port Richey to Palm Harbor, FL to enjoy a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant. I am fortunate to have one as close as I do after reading some messages in your blog but am really looking forward to the Port Richey restaurant opening. I check your site periodically to get the opening date which has been delayed several times. Is there a list of club veg members on which my name can be added to be notifed when the opening date is set?
Thanks,
Mac Harris

Tracy M. Monday, January 3, 2011 at 8:23 am

Mac,
We are opening in Port Richey in March 2011. Stay tuned to our blog in late February for more information.