We’ve reached our next American Road Trip destination in the Golden State! We’re excited to introduce you to something that is quintessentially “California” since that is where our restaurants originated. Fresh, nutritious, and packed full of surprises, our California Cobb Tossed Salad will transport your mind to warm, sunny weather and sandy beaches. What makes this salad completely Californian and wholesome? We added California Avocados! Along with being creamy and delicious, California Avocados are a superfood, packed with around 20 essential nutrients and various health benefits.
Why are California Avocados a superfood? Consider that avocados are attributed to:
- Improving Heart Health. Avocados are cholesterol free and contain monosaturated fats that can help lower blood cholesterol.
- Promoting Cell Health. Full of folate, avocados can facilitate the needs of a growing body (great for your little sprouts!).
- Maintaining Eye Health. Lutein, an antioxidant found in avocados, is said to support healthy eyes and skin.
- Increasing Nutrient Intake. Along with having tons of nutrients, avocados also help your body absorb more fat-soluble nutrients in other foods that are eaten at the same time.
Want to start a dinner-table discussion? Use these fun facts about California Avocados to get the conversation started!
- Avocados are a fruit, not a vegetable as some think.
- San Diego County produces about 60% of the nation’s crop. Did you know Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes started in San Diego in 1978?
- Around 90% of the nation’s avocados are grown in California.
- The average production of one avocado tree is 60 pounds of fruit. But, production for a single tree can be as high as 200 pounds!