There’s a lot to feel good about this Earth Day! Our Gluten-Free Coconut Muffins are back for a limited time and spring superfoods are front and center in some of our newest recipes! Most importantly, Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes Restaurants aim to continually enhance our green efforts by activities such as:
- Offering a menu that includes more than 30% vegetarian entrées – every meat-free meal served has the same climate-change impact as not driving 10 miles
- Recycling enough glass, aluminum, plastic, cardboard and paper to save 12.5 million pounds of garbage from landfills each year
- Using Energy Star Ice Machines, which saves the equivalent amount of energy as keeping 91 cars off the road
- Installing high-efficiency spray valves that conserve 7.6 million gallons of water per year (enough for 300,000 showers!)
- Implementing energy efficient lighting that saves the same amount of electricity as it takes to power 480 homes each year
- Saving energy by using strip curtains in all of our walk-in coolers to avoid carbon emissions equivalent to planting 21,000 trees and letting them grow for a decade
Help us continue our effort to stay green by doing your part. Research has shown that some restaurants report up to 25% of food orders are wasted, so be mindful of how much food you put on your plate.