How does Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes try and be a “green restaurant?” Read on to find out what we’ve done!
- Upgrading to high-efficiency spray valves
- Installing energy-efficient lighting
- Employing faucet aerators
- Implementing the use of energy-efficient ice machines
- Using Green Seal-certified cleaning products
- Utilizing recyclable glass, paper, aluminum, and cardboard packaging instead of Styrofoam
- Purchasing organic, vegetarian, and vegan products which put less strain on the environment
- Implementing a recycling and composting program
Each year, we estimate that these, and other efforts, are helping to save:
- 2.1 million pounds of wasted paper
- 7.5 million gallons of water
- 4.4 million kilowatts of energy
- 3,194 cubic yards of landfill space
Help us continue our effort to stay green by doing your part! Remember that research has shown that some restaurants report wasted food as up to 25% of what was ordered, so be mindful with how much food you put on your plate!